The Third Edition of the TCSS Field Guide to Cacti and Other Succulents of Arizona is now available. Released in December 2020, the third edition is comprised of 19 new photos, 10 expanded distribution maps and highlights the Arizona endemics. Echinocereus triglochidiatus is included as a new species for Arizona. Also, this edition recognizes the latest nomenclature arrangement for the complex Cylindropuntia group. Still only $25.95, the book is available at the TCSS website, outlets in Tucson and Phoenix (see below) or via one of the ordering method below.
The TCSS Field Guide to Cactus & Succulents of Arizona is the definitive source for plant identification in habitat. A much needed update of the current taxonomy, distribution and status of native Arizona cactus and succulents. All documentation and photography was provided by TCSS members who have traveled all over the state to capture and document these wonderful plants.
The price is $25.95 per book plus shipping. This book will serve to guide and educate both novice and expert and will stand as a valuable reference for years to come. A special Facebook Page just for the Field Guide
- Ship to Continental United States addresses,$5 shipping and handling per book, total per book is $30.95. For this option click on the Book Name link at the bottom of this page in the big white area. Note: book orders are collected during the week and shipped out each Tuesday.
- Ship to the U.K., South America or Australia from Arizona, shipping is quite variable and you must contact us for shipping cost before ordering a book. See our Special Orders page.
- European (non-U.K.) Customers: You can purchase your TCSS Field Guide through Kakteen-Haage, our exclusive distributor in Europe (but not the U.K.).
- Information and getting details for Special Orders for shipping outside the US - Please email Susan at books @ tucsoncactus.org to work out details.
Tucson Purchase Locations:
- Antigone Books
- Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum
- B&B Cactus Farm
- Bach's Nursery
- Green Things
- Mesquite Valley Growers
- Mission Gardens
- Native Seeds/Search
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
- Sabino Canyon
- Saguaro National Park West
- Saguaro National Park East
- Tohono Chul
- Tucson Audubon
- Tucson Botanical Gardens
- Western National Parks Store - Oro Valley
Other Purchase Locations:
- Arizona Cactus Sales - Chandler
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum - Superior, AZ
- Chiricahua Desert Museum - Portal, AZ
- Desert Botanical Garden - Phoenix
- Santa Rita Lodge - Madera Canyon
The Field Guide was submitted for consideration as one
of the SouthWest Books of the Year in 2015